Internet leads from consumers who schedule and keep an appointment have a closing rate of almost 50%. Meanwhile, traditional ups typically close at 20%, says a recent study by PLADOOGLE, LLC.
The study also found that if dealers go above and beyond by having the vehicle cleaned and make the shopper feel special during their showroom appointment, the closing ratio for an Internet lead can exceed 80%!
Internet Leads with Appointments Have Significant Value
These statistics are not something to ignore. The evidence is clear that Internet leads have distinct advantages over traditional ups because they:
- Give the dealer the opportunity to set an appointment, creating a commitment from your shopper
- Allow dealers to gather valuable information about shoppers' needs, which they can use to help close the deal
- Enable the dealer to prepare for a superior showroom room experience, while also developing a lasting relationship via the initial conversation
Expect More From Your Live Chat Provider
With these advantages in mind, there are some essential questions you need to ask your chat team. These questions will ensure you are getting the highest closing ratio possible:
- Do they set test-drive or service appointments?
- If you have managed chat, do they make sure your dealership is aware of shoppers arriving in an hour or less?
- Do they ask questions that help gather the “good to know” information from your shoppers?
If you want the best results from Internet leads, get a chat team that sets appointments and asks the right questions. These two things are ultimately going to help you sell the most cars from live chat.
ActivEngage Sets More Appointments for Your Dealership
At ActivEngage, we've always understood the value of getting more foot traffic to your dealership. Our bottom line is your bottom line, which is why the ActivEngage chat team sets both Sales and Service Appointments on your behalf (and sends them directly into your DMS). Out of every chat lead we send our dealer customers, around 20% have a set appointment.
Leads don't get sales, people in your showroom do. If you settle for less than that, your chat investment is a waste!
Editor's Note: This post was originally published in January 2015 and has been completely revamped and updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.