You’ve invested a significant amount of time and money into optimizing your car dealership’s digital marketing strategy. Then, you’re told you have to make budget cuts because consumers aren’t buying cars like they were in 2016. What should you do?
Well, maybe it’s easier to start with what you shouldn’t do.
ActivEngage CEO on Live Chat During Slowing Car Sales
The ActivEngage CEO sheds a light on a practice that could be detrimental to your business in this slowing economy: removing automotive live chat from your digital marketing strategy.
In a recent AutoSuccess podcast with Dave Davis, he answered the following questions:
- What are the implications of removing live chat from your digital marketing strategy when dealership budgets shrink?
- What are some live chat best practices representatives should apply to make the most of the experience for the customer?
- What are some common mistakes chat teams often make when engaging customers?
- How can new technology that allows live chat to happen outside the dealership websites change the shopping process? How can dealers adapt to these new mediums?
- What are some questions dealers should ask themselves when developing a live chat follow-up process?
- Aside from providing general information, how do chat transcripts help sales processes and impact the dealership's bottom line?
So, before you make a rash decision to ‘turn off’ chat, check out this insightful, 20-minute podcast on why live chat can actually help your dealership thrive in a sales downturn and what you can do today to ensure live chat success:
Even More Automotive Digital Marketing Tips
If you're looking for helpful live chat and digital marketing resources, check out our FREE eBook Library. You'll find tips on proper lead follow-up, fixed ops digital marketing, and much more.
Looking for more automotive digital marketing tips to increase car sales and service revenue? If so, then don’t miss the AutoNews webinar with the Used Car King, Todd Caputo. Learn how to move more units this summer by leveraging the latest digital tools and implementing effective lead follow-up strategies!